I’m self-employed. How do I make contributions?

To contribute to your super as a self-employed person, simply:

  1. Submit the online Personal Contribution Form from your Member Portal. This allows our administrators to allocate your payment into your account, as all payments go into the one bank account. Alternatively, you can submit our downloadable Personal Contribution Form.
  2. Transfer the money to us using the bank account or BPAY details in the personal contributions form. You can either pay using BPAY or direct deposit if you're paying from an Australian bank account.

To claim your personal contributions for tax purposes, you need to complete the Notice of intent to claim or vary a deduction for personal super contributions form. You'll need to do this once per financial year for all the contributions during that financial year.

You have one year from the end of the relevant financial year within which to submit your notice of intent.

For more information, this blog article contains a handy guide to making personal contributions to your Future Super account.

Join Future Super

^ By providing your email address, you consent and authorise us to send you communications or information, including information required by law, via email or similar technologies. Your details will never be passed onto a third party other than in accordance with our Privacy Policy. You can elect to receive communications by post at any time by contacting Future Super on 1300 658 422 or via email at info@myfuturesuper.com.au or in writing at GPO Box 1858, Sydney, NSW 2001.