Group Data Analyst
Closes 18 Aug 2022
$100,000 - $110,000 + super (based on skills and experience)
Our team is mainly based in Sydney, we are open to candidates from anywhere in Australia
About Future Super
At Future Super, we’re making money moves and changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don’t harm the planet, we’re showing the power super has to change the world!
We are looking for someone to join our mission focused high-growth startup and keep us accountable to making data-driven decisions at every level of the business. We have a bold ambition to create a prosperous future free from climate change and inequality, and this role is critical to helping us identify the opportunities with the biggest impact and bang for buck.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, people with caring responsibilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual (LGBTQIA+) people. Seriously, the problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table, the better our solutions become.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Find superannuation opaque and frustrating, if you had the chance to revolutionise the industry to be better for people, you would
- Love numbers - and think a good decision is a data-driven one! This role will work with the Strategy team to sit at the intersection of data and decisions, translating insight into strategic and tactical change across the business
- Have a knack for noticing patterns - analysing trends and identifying root cause drivers is your MO
- Take pride in presentation, and excel in making the complex seem simple (pun very much intended - we’re looking at you, PPT / excel / Power BI / Tableau ninjas)
We’re looking for someone who:
- Believes in Future Super’s mission and has a passion for moving Australia’s money out of fossil-fuels and into renewable energy
- Has strong data analysis skills to collect, clean, analyse & report on our data, sharing the ‘so-what’ in a digestible format for our staff, Board & stakeholders
- Is able to build and maintain tools / dashboards to synthesise, monitor and take action based on insights. Bonus points for those with skills to automate elements of our reporting to focus on the most pointed analytical work
- Is a curious and voracious learner - Future Super is a workplace that continuously challenges the status quo, constantly striving to find new and better ways of working. We take a test and learn approach and find our trailblazing processes are a result of team members sharing an idea and taking initiative to change things up
- Is committed to accuracy & notices the little things i.e. excellent attention to detail
- Works well both independently and in teams - this role has cross-functional stakeholders
It would be great if you also had:
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Oracle, R, MATLAB, and Python and data visualisation software like Tableau
- Technical skills in database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation
- Previous work experience as a data analyst or similar, and background in related field such as superannuation or financial services, growth-based start-ups or digital product teams
Don’t tick all the boxes? That’s okay, we like thinking outside the box. We value skills, passion and who you are over what you’ve done or where you’ve studied. So if this job resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
You’ll love working here with:
- A purpose-driven organisation, spending your days working on making this world a better place! The more we grow, the bigger the impact we are making on climate change and inequality
- A proud B Corp organisation that cares about how it behaves inside and out
- An outcome driven team who are focused on creating value for Future Super Group and providing opportunities for each of us to build and hone our skills, and to reach our professional goals
- Team lunches, drinks and company-wide events
- 14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks (if/when you’re in the office) and membership to Bicycle NSW (or your State’s equivalent) as part of our sustainable transport policy
- Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours and the option to work from home or anywhere in Australia (that has access to the internet)!
The application will require answering short questions so give yourself time to complete it. Once started, you can save and return to your application before submitting.
We use Applied as our de-identified recruitment platform, helping us reduce the risk of unconscious bias in our hiring process. If you are curious to know more about how it works, check out this blog post.
Questions? Please reach out to Keely, People and Culture Coordinator, at email@example.com.Apply →